Ortodontics / Braces
Orthodontia, also known as orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics, is a specialty field of dentistry. An orthodontist is a specialist who has undergone special training in a dental school or college after they have graduated in dentistry. The specialty deals primarily with the diagnosis, prevention and correction of malpositioned teeth and the jaws.
The benefits of orthodontic treatment include a healthier mouth, a more pleasing appearance, and teeth that are more likely to last a lifetime.
Orthodontics has no age limit. We can treat children from age 5 or 40 years old adults. The sooner we treat the problem the better.
How Do I Know if I Need an Orthodontic Treatment?
If you have any of the following, you may be a candidate for orthodontic treatment:
- Overbite, sometimes called “buck teeth” — where the upper front teeth lie too far forward (stick out) over the lower teeth
- Underbite — a “bulldog” appearance where the lower teeth are too far forward or the upper teeth too far back
- Crossbite — when the upper teeth do not come down slightly in front of the lower teeth when biting together normally
- Open bite — space between the biting surfaces of the front and/or side teeth when the back teeth bite together
- Misplaced midline— when the center of your upper front teeth does not line up with the center of your lower front teeth
- Spacing — gaps, or spaces, between the teeth as a result of missing teeth or teeth that do not “fill up” the mouth
- Crowding — when there are too many teeth for the dental ridge to accommodate
Types of Dental Appliances
Fixed dental appliances
- The price of this type of device is low compared to the rest of orthodontic appliances;
- It is suitable for any type of dental anomaly;
- Being made of metal, it is a very durable device;
- Children and even adults have the option to ” colored ” device thanks to elastics of different colors, even forms.
- With the help of the white colored brackets, the ceramic device is usually passes almost unnoticed.
- Besides the aesthetic advantage offered by ceramic device, one more advantage is that the bracket doesn’t stain. The rubber band around them changes monthly, which allows maintaining hygiene and an impeccable look.
- Being made of ceramic is best to not eat hard foods. There is a risk of breaking the brackets.
- The Sapphire braces provides an optimal solution for patients with special aesthetic requirements.
- Sapphire Braces almost invisible, the most comfortable brace to wear and most durable.
- Each bracket is obtained sapphire single-crystal pure ceramic, one of the most resistant materials, second place after diamond.
- Sapphire braces gives you exceptional control of rotations due to dental braces size data from past studies.
- Incognito™ Hidden Braces are completely invisible.
- Braces hidden behind your teeth.
- Comfortable. Brackets are more comfortable than the standard brackets.
- 100 percent customized for you. Incognito Braces are customized with intelligent wires and brackets engineered to deliver the targeted results your smile deserves.
- Each bracket is cast in gold with precision design. Not only is the gold highly polished for additional comfort, but it also is safe for anyone that has allergies.
- Braces attached to the back of the teeth. They are mounted only on the 6 front teeth – from canine to canine.
- Treatment time can be as little as 5 to 16 weeks.
- Social 6 Lingual braces use self-ligating technology and light wires to provide fast and effective tooth movement.
Mobile Dental Appliances
- Invisalign straightens teeth using a series of nearly invisible, removable aligners that are custom-made specifically for your teeth.
- Replace each aligner every two weeks.
- Comfortable, clear and removable.
- For best results, it’s recommended that you wear the aligners at least 20 hours per day throughout your entire treatment.
- Invisalign treatment is also ideal for your busy schedule, with fewer doctor visits required.
- Has been developed especially for treating adults.
- Without clasps, screws or brackets. Instead of metal elements you’ll be wearing a biocompatible resin splint.
- The splint can be taken out and cleaned easily at any time.
- Individually fabricated.
- It must be worn at least 17 hours a day, including at night.
- During the treatment, the splint will be exchanged several times, guaranteeing that each splint will be adjusted to your individual treatment progress and that your teeth are corrected smoothly step by step.
Braces for Young Kids
- It can be worn from early ages, even from 4 years up to the age of 10 years;
- Wearing mobile device is a painless orthodontic method for the child;
- The mobile device is designed to correct crooked teeth and makes room, where appropriate,for teeth to erupt.
- The child may personalizele their device and choose a color (or more) to make it more pleasant to wear.
If you look forward to have a perfect smile with straight teeth, contact us for a consultation!